CRB supplies a wide range of gearbox bearings:
- Deep groove ball bearings
- Taper roller bearings
- Cylindrical roller bearings
- Angular contact ball bearings
- Roller thrust bearings
- Cylindrical roller thrust bearings
- Full complement cylindrical roller bearings
- Double row self-aligning ball bearings
Any sector that uses both hydraulic and electric machines uses gearboxes. Depending on the internal gear structure and reduction ratio, the gearbox increases or decreases the speed of the motor.
Gearboxes are used in many applications, including:
- Conveyor belts
- Steel Industry
- Mining machinery and equipment
- Medical machinery and equipment
- Printing machines
- Automotive Industry
- Material handling equipment
- Construction machinery Industry
- Wind Industry
- Energy production Industry
- Industrial ventilation Industry
- Cement works
- Paper mills
The operating conditions of the gearboxes can be very different. Therefore, the selection of bearings will play a fundamental role in performance. Operational requirements for precision gear units – used in presses, for example – differ from those required by the wind power industry, which need a long service life without maintenance. And from those for robots, which require excellent dynamics and precision characteristics.
The choice of bearing type will also be determined by the use environment, possible contamination, required cooling and silent levels and the static capacity to carry exceptional loads.
Since the life of a gearbox and the life of a system depend substantially on bearing type, the choice must be made only after a precise calculation and evaluation of characteristics. CRB assits its customers in selecting the type of bearing best suited to their specific application.